Friday, June 8, 2012

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THOSE WHO SAY THEY "UNDERSTAND"??


How do you deal with living everyday in pain and not able to accomplish things that should be easy to you?  Then how do you deal with those who say “oh I completely understand” When they have no idea?  They have no idea the pain you are in, the ripple effect it causes in your home – even on a daily basis! 

For example, I can not fold laundry anymore – it’s just too hard, so I wash, dry and have the kids get it out of the dryer for my husband to fold.  If he can not get to it right away it piles up and sits there, I can’t do it – but that big mess in our room of clean clothes causes a ripple effect on moods.  To me it’s a reminder of the things I can not do that of the age 36 I should have no problem doing.  It’s a reminder that I have to lean on my husband yet for another thing.  This sometimes will get me down, the mess turns the energy into chaos then before you know the kids are chaotic or they are getting yelled at due to frustrations.  Now sometimes it is well deserved but sometimes maybe not so much…. Then the kids are upset, I am upset, my husband is upset – hell even the dog is upset at this point….

How do you deal with this ripple effect?  Its not like you can talk it out with your friend who doesn’t have these same issues, know the emotional pain fibro/mfs causes… if you do engage with this conversation who doesn’t understand – how do you tolerate the “ I understand” comment?!?  You know they mean well and thier intentions are good - but how do you get through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment